Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Fuckerly. I just wrote a long post about nothing really but then I made it disappear due to stupid key-hitting error. Now I am sad. Not that it was a great post, but it had a good joke at the end. Sigh. Anyway, there will be more jokes in my future, I'm sure. I just have to get over the sadness. Grrr. Okay, done.

But yeah, so as I was saying before my ctrl-c key just turned into a plain old c, deleting everything, I was talking about my day that ended up being really a bit of a dud in terms of accomplishing anything school-related. I went to the gym, I bought a new desk lamp, I watched American Idol. I almost did laundry and I thought about fixing the oven that's been broken for, well, yes, I think it's true, over a year. I did do a bit of housecleaning though. Oh, and web wasting, of course, goes without saying.

At the gym I decided to try out a cardio machine I'd never tried before: the stairmaster. I mean, it was next to the calf machine I was using, so, y'know, why not. Now, I actually don't mind cardio machines and find elliptical machines pretty great, but omg, how counter-intuitive is the stairmaster. I get on and the footrest thingys go *down*, so you have to push and "pull". I wasn't expecting that. It's a good workout, but makes me feel retarded. And for that reason it has been struck from the menu.

On to the desk lamp: halogen lamps rule! My ikea lamp, handed down to me from a friend a couple years ago, finally bought the farm and has now gone to the place where all ikea things go when they die (doggie heaven? a curb in sweden?). My new lamp is from Canadian Tire and it's Better. However, I learned something today about halogen lamps and this piece of information scared me a little. That is: halogen lamps produce UV rays... I guess I sort of knew this, since the light is much closer to natural sunlight than the light from regular lamps, but still, I mean, the instructions (which, yes, I read, b/c, shut-up) say to "take caution" re: the uv light. I don't know what this means really. So if I get skin cancer, I'm totally blaming halogen.

Okay, so tomorrow work will get done! And then I will reward myself by going indie-pop dancing. That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home