Saturday, January 31, 2004

it's an overcast saturday, early afternoon. I'm listening to DNTO on the radio, CBC's hipsterish saturday afternoon show. oh, and I've been reading The Thornbirds - it's like watching a really long, schlocky movie, but it works your brain a bit more, what with the reading and such. I found it at the Salvation Army store the other day (69 cents, how could I say no?), so I'm reading it. Or, more honestly, re-reading it. Did not everyone read this book in their teenage years? I did. I remember that it even made me cry. I'm at page five hundred something and I have yet to cry. Old age has hardened me so.

I have also been trying to write an abstract for a conference application, but just realized that I don't want to actually go to the conference. (for god's sake, it's in *winnipeg*. and i just don't have the cash to warrant *that*. hehe haha.) So I have given myself fully to the trashy novel and should be finished quite soon. Then I'll turn to more academic things. Er. I hope. All I want to do lately is read novels, lots of novels. I've got call numbers written down of all kinds of 'classics' that I can get out from the school library, but I'm avoiding taking those books out for fear of neglecting what I should be doing. Which is not reading novels.

Other things:
What about the life of blogs? People create them, write them and let them go from time to time or just give them up completely. I'd like to think a blog is like a good friend, and even if you don't write or talk to them for a long time, you can always come back to them and things will be okay, things could even be just like you'd spoken with them the other day instead of a year ago. That's what I'd hope. I may be cynical, but dammit, I'm still an optimist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home