Sunday, May 09, 2004

Oh, hurrah, hello again, etc. Many good and exciting things have happened in the past month or so. Nothing collosal, mind you, but still, meaningful-to-me things. Hence them appearing in a blog...

Yesterday night I went to see Destroyer, a Vancouver-based band whom I *LOVE* and can't seem to get enough of these days. They played a small club in Montreal's plateau neighbourhood (of course), and it seemed like everyone there was either from Vancouver or Victoria or had lived there recently or was friends with someone who had, etc. Canada is a small place in the end, y'know. The show was fantastic - Frog Eyes and Pink Mountain Tops opened and were both good - Frog Eyes was actually better than I ever remember them being at any of the shows I'd seen in Vancouver and played as the backup band for Dan Bejar, scoring them about 10million points in my inconsequential book. So I spent pretty much the entire Destroyer set completely besought with Mr. Bejar just as I'm sure many others were. I mean, I knew that was going to happen. I've had a crush on this man for a long time and to see him less than 10 feet away singing all the songs I love, well, I couldn't help but swoon. He's fucking amazing. Possibly my favourite Canadian.

And then when the show ended I turned around and there was Don McKellar - also possibly my favourite Canadian! I think I had a moment of shock as I started to reach my hand out towards him and say "Oh, Don McKellar!". But I stopped all that and just smiled. He smiled back. And who says Canadian Celebrity is an oxymoron? It's all in the eye of the beholder, y'all. I told my mom about it, expecting to have to explain who Don McKellar is and she was all "Oh, the Twitch City guy! I love him!" yaaaay, mom! (and isn't it great how my mom can speak in html? crazy world.)

Okay, I just realized that I'm writing like an 18-year-old tonight. I'm just going to blame the season finale of Survivor for that. How can I write like myself after sitting through 3 hours of Survivor? My brains are fried. But I did manage to get myself over to cbs.com and vote for Rupert to win the million bucks (oh, cbs, you are so smart. i bet they make waaaay more than a million bucks in advertising sales just for the final (2nd) final show. heesh.

More on my great trip to London later when I've starting being able to write closer to my true age (which is something of a debate in itself, but whatever).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home