Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Perhaps it's because I'm avoiding all the work I have to do this week that doing laundry and washing the dishes has made me feel happy and good about myself. I shake my sorry head. The thing is though, that I can go for a month, yes, even more than a month, without doing laundry. And I'm not even wearing the same clothes over and over again. See, I must've known that I would be poor again at some point, so while I was working I managed to buy a lot of clothes just for that purpose. Yes, just for that purpose...

Some of the clothes are wearing out though. However, there are some good second-hand stores here and I have picked up a few newish items that help the wardrobe situation. I do miss shopping though. I'm not sure if when I have a job again I will pick up the shopping habit with the same gusto I once had. I mean, by that time I'll officially have a masters in media studies and have lived in montreal for 2 years, which, combined, should make me 'more aware' of my 'modes of consumption', n' stuff. But if getting a high off buying $200 pants on sale for $35 is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.

Again, I shake my head.

It's going to snow again tonight. But it's warm (-5), so that's good. I wish I had snowshoes. A friend has some cross-country skies to give me, but I need boots to go with them and don't really have the spare cash for those. And, apparently, cross-country skies have to be the right length for your weight and height or else they don't work. Interesting. I'm just tired of not getting to be outdoors very much and I figure snowshoeing or x-country skiing would let me be outdoors and stay warm at the same time. Next winter, oh, next winter I will be ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home