Saturday, October 18, 2003

Is it just me or is free alcohol just totally impossible to turn down? I mean, in certain contexts, such as school-related functions where you know people and the event is more like a party at someone's house except they won't have to clean up the next day. And there's free alcohol.

So, last night I attended a journal launch event, planning on only going for about an hour, having a glass of cheap red and then heading home for some much needed sleep, which would allow me to wake up on time to go to my 10am French class Saturday morning. Ah, you can see it all unraveling already. The thing is, I always do this. I think I'm starting to learn though. Well, learning that if I say I'm not going to drink, that I inevitably will drink. Not, like, learning anything about moderation or self-control or practicality or anything, no.

One glass of wine turns into four and two beers. And an hour turns into six. But hey, it was fun. French class, well, it was hard to concentrate. And I got there 30 minutes late... bad. But my hangover was subtle - a slight headache and stomach quesyness accompanied by a general sense of relaxation. You know, that "whatever" hangover attitude. It's kind of nice, kind of freeing.

So in this state, apres french class, j'ai fait le magazinage. Well, I actually went looking for running shoes b/c mine are almost dead and certainly no good for actually running, which I'd like to do (shock! horror! eegh.) But I didn't find any. *But* I did do something out of character: I bought earrings! Two pairs! I never wear earrings anymore, haven't for years. Probably just due to laziness, I don't know. But lately I've been feeling a need to wear earring. Maybe b/c I'm growing my hair? I don't know. So I bought two pairs of hoop-type earrings - one smallish silver pair that's kind of wider at the bottom than the top and another smallish pair with tiny little pastel-coloured jewels in them. They're really cute. And pretty. And perhaps will make me feel cute and pretty. We shall see...

But the funny thing is that I forgot to buy some rubbing alcohol to disinfect them. I think I might just use some rum. That's all I've got. Vodka would probably be better though, right? Rum has other stuff in it. But it's mostly alcohol. Ah, see how this post has come full-circle? Yes, it's a nice little alcohol-themed package...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home