Monday, August 04, 2003

in lieu of a proper post about how i'm finally back from Moncton, NB, and how my brain is all screwed up with English-French, I'm going to comment on the following thing I noticed upon return home:

I have a helluva lot of lipstick.

You know how sometimes when you get back from, say, a month away from home, and you realize that, oh, what you thought was your System of Organization is actually just a series of piles of miscellanea, so you attempt to really organize. Or something. Part of my attempt to organize was to address the situation on my "beauty shelf". This is a shelf containing various creams, lotions, hair accessories, nail polish, and a few jam-packed vanity-type cases (you know, the kind you get free from Clinique. Yes, all my friends are furnished with them, courtesy of moi. (another good thing about being home is having my dictionaries (English-english, not french-english), so that i can look up words like bluddy courtesy. why is it spelled like that?) anyway, i have a lot of lipstick.

lipstick is important though. yes. this is why i have at least 30 different lipsticks. oh, i don't like all of them, but i keep them anyway. And even the ones I do like, I forget about in favour of New and Different lipsticks. It's sad. poor lipsticks. And you know I don't even wear lipstick every day. I don't even wear it every night, for that matter. Why? Because I'm constantly searching for the perfect lipstick. The one I *can* wear every day and every night. Hence, all the lipstick.

Do you see how I have laid this all out with logic and grace? Everything can be explained somehow when you think about it. Everything.

Further to this argument, I have sensitive skin, so this makes life even more difficult. There are some people who just get bored of lipstick and can wear any lipstick at all, from the cheapest drugstore brand to Chanel (mmm, chanel lipstick... it's like, $32 Cdn, I kid you not. I've never bought it, but someone gave me a free tube they got free in a giveaway. Yeah, it was hot pink, but it was Luxury for the Lips. One day I will buy my own Chanel lipstick and it will be perfect. I just know it...). Anyway, my sensitivities manifest in dry lips. Which is, seriously, the worst. Lipsticks that do that to me should die. Yet I keep them, hoping that maybe it's just me and my body-chem will, oh, change to accomodate that perfect cherry hue. I blame teenage magazine reading for all this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home