Wednesday, August 27, 2003

I tiled my bedroom yesterday! The way I've been going on about it, you'd think it was the accomplishment of the summer. And you'd be right. Yes, that and understanding French. It's a fun fun life, it is. Ah, but the thing is that I've had these wood-look laminate tiles sitting on my bedroom floor, halfway under my bed since mid-November. Yeah. I just didn't have the time to think about expending the effort it would take to haul stuff around and out of my room to lay floor tiles down. But, yesterday I was inspired. What inspires tile-laying, I cannot tell you, but it hit me! I even took all the books off my gigantic bookshelf so that I could tile under it. I was in full-on perfectionist tiling mode! I measured, I cut, I got my fingers sticky with tile glue! (ooh, that smacks of innuendo, don't it?)

Anyway, I'm developing a floor fetish. It's like getting a new pair of shoes - I can't stop looking at them for a few days and squealing with delight. Not *actually* squealing, of course, but more of an internal hopping up and down and yelling 'yaaay' in my head. Though I have been going around saying, "wow, floor tiles make such a big difference. And I did it all myself, etc." But seriously now, the floor was dirty maroon painted plywood with a few rugs thrown over it in a sad attempt to conceal the ghetto flooring. Gawd, my eyes have been re-opened to the extent my ass-sitting can get to.

Yesterday I also made an amazing fish curry. And Jeny got kicked off Canadian Idol. Banner day it was. (haha, no, i actually kinda liked jeny and her weird newfie psychotic stare.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home