Monday, June 30, 2003

so...
I`m in Moncton, New Brunswick, speaking French. Therefore I am losing my ability to speak English. You know, everything`s gotten simplified in my head. I brought ``War and Peace`` to read, however, so maybe that`ll remedy things. hahaha. That would mean I`d have to read it in my spare time instead of drinking beer and chatting with people (en francais, bien sur). hm. We shall see.

A good thing though is that I`m realizing that I know a lot more French than I thought I knew. And by the time these five weeks are up, I`ll know more. Hurrah! But right now all my vocabulary has disappeared and i`m bluddy tired - 17 hours on a train! Talking to old ladies! Reading `War of the Worlds`! `Sleeping` unsoundly! Et maintenant, je dois parler francais? um, oui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home