Sunday, July 09, 2006

World Cup Ban on Cars, Horns, Whistles, Crappy Music

HOLY CRAP QUIT IT ALREADY OUT THERE

I live on a main one-way thoroughfare. And that's fine. It's not really that bad, usually just a bit loud at evening rush hour. But this, THIS has been going on since five and shows no signs of letting up. WE UNDERSTAND - ITALY WON THE WORLD CUP. I also love World Cup. I also cheered for Italy and perhaps "love" them but maybe not quite as much as you obviously do if your horn honking is how I am to measure your love. Yes, wow, your horns are so loud and your whistles mighty in the name of Italia. But it is almost midnight on a Sunday. And though I stay up late usually anyway, I do not usually feel like headbutting in the chest everyone in a car with a horn on my street.

I wrote more about the game and then a postscript about my later feelings about the celebrations on midnight poutine, btw.

Right now, can't think, barely type, too much loudness. It comes in waves, with the traffic lights. It's going to go on forever maybe. Forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home